This We’ve collected some resources on the Corona Virus to help our community navigate decisions during this time.
This should not be taken as medical advice, if the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site or in any linked materials.
October 8, 2020
Clean Water Action Virtual Movie Night (June 3rd)– Story of Plastic
Note on UV Light
This is just a reminder that ultraviolet light kills viruses and is a way to sterilize masks and other PPE in short supply to extend there lifespan.
Here is the FDA’s recent policy statement about FDA-approved and unapproved UV devices during the pandemic. It contains helpful information and the intention is to prevent regulatory roadblocks from inhibiting common sense use of UV to clean Covid-19 exposed materials.
Please feel free to distribute as you see fit.
Virus Facts from Johns Hopkins
Originated at Johns Hopkins hospital in Baltimore Maryland
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).
By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything.
In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only -between 3 hours (fabric and porous),
-4 hours (copper and wood)
-24 hours (cardboard),
– 42 hours (metal) and
-72 hours (plastic).
But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.
They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* You have to wash your hands before and after touchingm mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
Steps You Can Take To Prepare:
- Say vigilant of your temperature (video below).
- Make sure your lungs are supported (inhalations)
- Make sure your Vitamin D levels are adequate.
- Take supplementary Vitamin C and Zinc
- Make sure your thermometer is in a “heat pocket”
- Don’t exercise or drink 15 minutes before taking your temperature
- Remember that temperatures are usually highest in the afternoon
In the event of restlessness, anxiety, fear
I bear calm within myself,
I bear within myself
The forces which strengthen me.
I want to fill myself
With the warmth of these forces,
I want to pervade myself
With the power of my will.
And I want to feel
How calm spreads
Through all my being
When I strengthen myself
To find calm as
The force within me
Through the power of my striving.
To care for breathing and warmth, overcoming external isolation through the spiritual relationship with the world:
In my heart
Shines the power of the sun
In my soul
The warmth of the world is at work.
I want to breath
The power of the sun
I want to feel
The warmth of the world.
Let the power of the sun fill me
Let the warmth of the world penetrate me.
Care of the relationship with light and the sun
When I look into the sun
Its light tells me radiantly
Of the spirit which mercifully
Prevails through cosmic beings.
Sun, bearer of radiance,
The power of your light in matter
Conjures life out of the boundless riches
Of the depths of the earth.
When I feel into my heart,
The spirit speaks its own words
Of the person whom it
Loves through all time and eternity.
Heart, bearer of the soul,
The power of your light in the spirit
Conjures life out of the human being’s
Boundlessly deep inwardness.
I can see, in looking upwards,
In the sun’s bright sphere
The mighty cosmic heart.
I can feel, looking inwards,
In the heart’s warm life:
The ensouled sun of human beings.
A Verse for Our Time
We must eradicate from the soul
All fear and terror of what comes towards man out of the future.
We must acquire serenity
In all feelings and sensations about the future.
We must look forward with absolute equanimity
To everything that may come.
And we must think only that whatever comes
Is given to us by a world-directive full of wisdom.
It is part of what we must learn in this age,
namely, to live out of pure trust,
Without any security in existence.
Trust in the ever present help
Of the spiritual world.
Truly, nothing else will do
If our courage is not to fail us.
And let us seek the awakening from within ourselves
Every morning and every evening.